Beautiful Bloom Arts!

It's been a while since I have had a chance to play with the beautiful images and stamps from Bloom Art Stamps!  I am loving the flowers popping up all over in my flower gardens...and wish I could just hold on to the blooms a little bit longer.   Maybe that is why I like paper art.....I can make flowers year round!

This card features the Allium Spray image and Thinking of You from the Tulip Garden clear stamp set.  The image is colored with Copic Markers and then is fussy cut and popped up on foam tape.

What is that background, you ask?  It is one of the Geometric Embossing folders from We R Memory Keepers' Next Level collection.  The embossing is multi-dimensional....and oh, so fun! 

This beauty uses the Embossed Vellum Technique with the Tulip Garden clear set.  I stamped the image onto vellum with Stazon Black Ink.  Then flip the image over and color the back of the vellum with Copic Markers.  You will want to use colors darker than you want.  I used B16, RV66, RV55, V09, V06, G28, YG17, YR18.

Once you are done coloring, burnish the little blue flowers and buds and parts of the tulips gently with an embossing stylus.  Flip it over when you are done.  Then touch up the blue buds on the front of your vellum to bring back some of the blue color.  I also hit the embossed areas on tulips on the front of the vellum so they blend in a bit since the embossing turns the vellum white. 

I attached the vellum to my card with glue dots hidden behind the blue flowers and buds.

What is your favorite type of flower?  I do love allium and tulips, but right now it's iris...they are gorgeous and only bloom for a short time!  I have yellow and peach and purple this year!

Comments

What beautiful cards Michelle - love the contrast of the geometric embossing and the free flow of the flowers on the top card, and the gorgeous use of the vellum on the second.
Blessings
Maxine

Popular Posts